G2 Throttle Cam System
G2 Challenge: Improve control in changing conditions for moto and off-road.
G2 Solution: The Throttle Cam System.
The Throttle Cam System incorporates a non-linear ratio between hand throttle rotation and carburetor or throttle body opening. The “pulley”, or as we call it, “cam” pulls the throttle cable as the rider rotates the grip/tube. By altering the conventional, circular shaped cam, a vast improvement in control is achieved.
The Throttle Cam System has cam options with reduced radius for the first ½ of throttle rotation, which requires a slightly farther turn to achieve the same carburetor or throttle body opening position as a stock throttle. This slightly longer pull makes a HUGE difference in rider control as the power is rolled on. The system comes with a “100CAM” – same as stock, “200CAM” – starts out 10% smaller than stock and “400CAM” – starts out 20% smaller than stock. The radius of the 200CAM and 400CAM increases or “ramps up” to stock size at ½ throttle to keep overall rotation required to reach full throttle at or near stock rotation.
G2 Key Points:
- Machined from 6061 aluminum in the USA!
- Self-lubricating Delrin bushings at each end of tube eliminate aluminum-to-aluminum contact and provide an ultra-smooth feel
- Alternate cams to fine tune control sold separately
- Fits inside the stock throttle housing to stock cables
- Slide one of our Domino grips (sold separately) or your grip unto the included Throttle Tube
- Removable end cap for simple handguard installation
- Installs in minutes!