G2 Challenge: Offer one throttle set-up for best overall performance in all off-road conditions.
G2 Solution: The Throttle Tamer.
The Throttle Tamer incorporates a non-linear ratio between hand throttle rotation and carburetor or throttle body opening. The “pulley”, or as we call it, “cam” pulls the throttle cable as the rider rotates the grip/tube. By altering the conventional, circular shaped cam, a vast improvement in control is achieved.
The Throttle Tamer has a cam with a reduced radius initially, which requires a slightly farther rotation to achieve the same carburetor or throttle body opening position as a stock throttle. This slightly longer pull makes a HUGE difference in control as the power is rolled on and the rider searches for traction. The radius increases or “ramps up” after ½ throttle to keep overall rotation requires to reach full throttle at or near stock rotation.
G2 Key Points:
- Machined from 6061 aluminum in the USA!
- Self-lubricating Delrin bushings at each end of tube eliminate aluminum-to-aluminum contact and provide an ultra-smooth feel.
- Included cams: A 400 cam that starts out approximately 15% smaller than stock.
- Fits inside the stock throttle housing to stock cables.
- Slide one of our Domino grips (sold separately) or your grip unto the included Throttle Tube.
- Removable end cap for simple handguard installation.
- Installs in minutes!