G2 Grip Protector Kit
The G2 Motorcycle Grip Protector Kit protects grip ends with the most securely mounted system available. The grip protectors are the best way to keep your grips looking and working great fall after a fall! That’s right. One tip over at slow speed (even off your bike stand!), and you can easily rip the end off your grips. This is easily solved with our grip protectors. An additional benefit is on the throttle side. When your right side handlebar end is touching the ground, the throttle can be held wide open. The grip protector allows the throttle to snap shut and deceases the chance of injury or engine failure due to a stuck throttle. Sounds familiar, doesn’t it Trials guys??
G2 Grip Protector Kit for easy transition from trail to moto!
For off-road guys, the G2 Grip Protector Kit is a quick way to cross over to moto, since many tracks will not allow aluminum handguards. Once handguards are removed, your “hideous” grips with removed ends are revealed. No problem! Just bolt on these grip protectors for a sano moto cross-over!
Strongest Grip Protector mount system
The competition’s grip protectors all have the inferior bolt-nut-rubber hose mounting solutions. Their bolt need only loosen about 1/8 turn and the wedges lose all strength and the grip protectors simply “pop out”. The G2 Grip Protectors come standard with the G2 Threaded Mounts. By tapping the inside of the handlebar, a threaded piece can be inserted to securely bolt the grip protector to the handlebar end.
** IMPORTANT INFO for Stock Yamaha YZ/WR Handlebars **
Some stock Yamaha handlebars have a larger I.D. (size of hole in handlebar end). For these, we will send a larger threaded mount for proper fit. If you will be mounting this guard to STOCK HANDLEBARS on one of the models listed below, please choose option “Renthal Twinwall & Current Yamaha*” If you have any questions or concerns you cam always reach a human at 815-778-0468.
This pertains ONLY to STOCK handlebars for:
- YZ250F (’19 & newer)
- YZ450F (’18 & newer)
- YZ250FX (’20 & newer)
- YZ450FX (’20 & newer)
- WR250F (’20 & newer)
- WR450F (’20 & newer)
- YZ125 (’21 & newer)
- YZ125X (’21 & newer)
- YZ250 (’21 & newer)
- YZ250X (’21 & newer)
Grip Protector Features
- Machined 6061 aluminum.
- Super strong threaded nylon mounts included.
- Sold with or without tap.
- One size fits Renthal Twinwall handebars and some stock Yamaha handlebars (see above), the second size fits all other aluminum handlebars.
- Detailed instructions outline simple installation.
You may also like…
Customize$119.95 – $129.95
- Fork mounted handguard system
- Does not fit KTM, Husqvarna, Beta and GasGas models
- For Renthal Twinwall and Yamaha YZ/WR stock handlebars, please see note in description below
Customize$112.95 – $119.95
- Adds less overall width than other brands
- Used by National Enduro Champ Steward Baylor!
- For certain Yamaha YZ/WR stock handlebars, please see note in description below
- Most adjustable handguard fork mount available
- Used by AmPro Factory Yamaha GNCC Team for over ten years!
$24.95 – $31.95
Replacement plastic handshields
Customize$69.95 – $76.95
- Strongest moto-style handguard system
- Steward Baylor’s choice for GNCC, Sprint Enduro and ISDE Competition!