The G2 Throttle Cam System for Yamaha allows you to fine tune hand movement/rotation to what happens at the carburetor/throttle body. Why would you want to change this ratio? Imagine the pointer on your computer had only one speed with no adjustment. Chances are it would be annoyingly slow or so fast you would over shoot everything you want to click! At G2 Ergonomics, we wondered why one throttle ratio is expected to work for every rider! Whether your a beginner, an expert, riding a 250 2 stroke or a 450, most throttle ratios are basically same! It’s really pretty crazy when you think about it! In fact, eight time National Enduro Champ Mike Lafferty constantly changed his G2 cams depending on terrain and average speeds!
The system includes a stock ratio cam and two progressive cams that incorporate a non-linear ratio between hand throttle rotation and carburetor or throttle body opening. The “pulley”, or as we call it, “cam” pulls the throttle cable as the rider rotates the grip/tube. By altering the conventional, circular shaped cam, a vast improvement in control is achieved. For those who want something quicker, check out our Quick Turn Throttle!
The Throttle Cam System has cam options with reduced radius for the first ½ of throttle rotation, which requires a slightly farther turn to achieve the same carburetor or throttle body opening position as a stock throttle. This slightly longer pull makes a HUGE difference in rider control as the power is rolled on. The system comes with a “100CAM” – same as stock, “200CAM” – starts out 10% smaller than stock and “400CAM” – starts out 20% smaller than stock. The radius of the 200CAM and 400CAM increases or “ramps up” to stock size at ½ throttle to keep overall rotation required to reach full throttle at or near stock rotation.
- Machined from 6061 aluminum in the USA!
- Self-lubricating Delrin bushings at each end of tube eliminate aluminum-to-aluminum contact and provide an ultra-smooth feel
- Alternate G2 cams to fine tune control sold separately
- Fits inside the stock throttle housing to stock cables
- Slide one of our Domino Grips (sold separately) or your grip unto the included Throttle Tube
- Removable end cap eliminates the need to cut the end of the throttle tube when using dirt bike handguards
- Installs in minutes!
You may also like…
Throttle Tamer increases YOUR control in nasty conditions!
Includes a tube and the most popular control cam for your model!
The ultimate bolt & hardware kit for Yamaha YZ125 YZ250 YZ250F YZ450F
The ultimate bolt & hardware kit to handle multiple brands
- Increase throttle response – less turn
- Used by Jeremy Martin to win his AMA Lites Supercross and 2-Time 250 Pro Motocross Championships!
SAME AS STOCK$69.95
- Replace your stock Yamaha plastic throttle tube with USA-machined aluminum and Delrin bushings
- Used by Anaheim Supercross winner Justin Barcia!