The G2 Street Tamer Throttle Tube incorporates a non-linear ratio between hand throttle rotation and carburetor or throttle body opening. The “pulley”, or as we call it, “cam” pulls the throttle cable as the rider rotates the grip/tube. By altering the conventional, circular shaped cam, a vast improvement in control is achieved and “throttle snatch” is drastically reduced.
The G2 Street Tamer Throttle Tube has a cam with a reduced radius initially, which requires a slightly farther rotation to achieve the same carburetor or throttle body opening position as a stock throttle. This virtually eliminates the jerky “throttle snatch” especially evident in modern fuel injected street bikes. The radius increases or “ramps up” after ½ throttle to keep overall rotation requires to reach full throttle at or near stock rotation. For most models the Throttle Tamer includes a 400 style cam profile, but some will have alternative cam profiles. The cam proven to be the best all-round solution for each model is used.
G2 has offered the Street Tamer Throttle Tube for 12 years with thousands of satisfied customers. We guarantee you will find this the best investment in control you have ever made, or you can return the throttle for a full refund! At G2, we stand behind our products and pride ourselves on the best customer service. If you have ANY questions about our throttle, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 815-778-0469. We guarantee a human will answer the phone or respond to you voicemail within one business day!
G2 Key Points:
- Machined from 6061 aluminum in the USA!
- Self-lubricating Delrin bushings at each end of tube eliminate aluminum-to-aluminum contact and provide an ultra-smooth feel.
- Included cam is removable and can be replaced with alternate cams (sold separately) to fine tune control.
- Fits inside the stock throttle housing to stock cables.
- Works with all known aftermarket cruise controls.
- Slide one of our Domino grips or your grip unto the G2 Street Throttle Tamer Tube.
- Installs in minutes!