Quick Turn Throttles for Beta
The G2 Quick Turn Throttle tube for Beta increases throttle response by decreasing throttle rotation (less turn). This throttle is extremely popular for 250F racers and very aggressive 450 racers. Less rotation keeps your elbows high and you in a proper “attack” position! This is the EXACT throttle used by the TiLUBE Honda team in Arenacross and Supercross, and Cody Barnes on the Phoenix Honda GNCC Factory Team! It is also an effective solution for riders with limited wrist mobility.
The Quick Turn Throttle Tube for Beta consists of the ultra-smooth G2 tube with Delrin inserts designed with a throttle pulley approximately 10% larger than stock. This translates into about 10 degrees less “twist” necessary to reach wide open. To put this into perspective, a 3% change is noticeable, so a 10% increase will make a significant difference!
Many Beta models have extra inner clearance inside the stock throttle housing, or controller. For these models, we can achieve a quicker pull by simply increasing the size of the throttle tube’s pulley, so our throttle tube with enlarged pulley works great. However, some models do not have this clearance, so the only quicker option is to replace the entire throttle housing, and this often requires a G2 conversion cable. Regardless, all necessary throttle parts (except the grip – sold separately) are included to give you the rate of quickness you select!
Increasing the size of the throttle cam/pulley can improve your riding in several ways. First, your bike’s power characteristics will seem far more responsive (quick) – as you turn the throttle, your bike will rev faster than before. Secondly, less overall rotation is required to reach full throttle. This is a huge benefit to riders with limited wrist mobility. In addition, less rotation allows you to more easily maintain a proper riding position with less elbow drop as you crank the throttle.
Are Delrin bushings better than ball bearings?
Ball bearing equipped throttle tubes seem like a great idea. Once installed and you’re twisting the throttle (with the bike on a stand and the engine off) it sure feels sweet! But give it a “real world test”. While you’re sitting on the bike, apply a bit of downward pressure on the grip as you turn. You will immediately feel the aluminum tube contact the handlebar. With G2 Throttles, the Delrin bushings prevent this completely! Push down all you want! In addition, ball bearings require constant maintenance, or the bearing will corrode and ultimately seize. Not so with our Delrin bushing equipped throttle tubes!
Quick Turn Throttle for Beta Highlights
- Machined from 6061 aluminum in the USA!
- Self-lubricating Delrin bushings at each end of tube eliminate aluminum-to-aluminum contact and provide an ultra-smooth feel.
- Quick turn throttle fits inside the stock throttle housing to stock cables, while quick turn systems replace the stock throttle tube and housing.
- Slide one of our Domino Grips (sold separately) or your grip unto the Quick Turn Throttle Tube.
- A 20% quicker version available for 2 cable Husky models.
- Removable end cap eliminates the need to cut the end of the throttle tube when using dirt bike handguards
- For the smoothest throttle action possible, try adding our Jimmy Twister Throttle Bearing!
- Installs in minutes!